Kids Know Best Limited (“KidsKnowBest” or “we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Our privacy commitments
- We will only collect, keep, use and share Personal Data for legitimate business purposes that we explain here below, or if we’re legally required to do so.
- We will be as clear and open as we can with you on what Personal Data we collect and how it will be processed.
- For as long as we maintain records of your Personal Data, we will keep it up to date and protect it with appropriate safety measures.
Registration and Personal Consent
Upon registration, we ask all users to provide only a username to use within on the KidsKnowBest platform. We ask users to pick a username that does not contain any personal information, such as a full name, school name or location. If we notice and suspect that a username contains information that could be used to identify a user, we will contact the user with a requirement to change username.
We understand the valuable importance of safeguarding the privacy of children and encourage parents to check and monitor their children’s digital use constantly. KidsKnowBest complies with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) and other applicable laws. No personally identifiable information is purposefully or knowingly collected and stored from children under the age of thirteen (13) without parental consent. The various commenting and user-generated features available on the KidsKnowBest Platform are always held for manual monitoring purposes. This is so offensive and personally identifiable information is removed before being posted publicly to KidsKnowBest.
If you are under the age of thirteen (13), you should use the KidsKnowBest only with the permission of a parent or legal guardian. Every user hereby agrees that all information provided, including but not limited to month and year of birth, shall be truthful and correct.
We collect the following Personal Data about you if you visit one of our Sites: Site referrals, browsing pattern, browser type, location, general interests, gender, age. The data transmitted from your browser includes your IP address, the date and time of the visit the pages accessed, the access status/ HTTP status code, your browser, your operating system and interface, as well as the language and version of the browser software. The legal basis for collecting and processing this personal data is our legitimate interest in operating the Site, providing you with access to the pages you wish to access, understanding the interests of our potential customers and providing you with relevant information about our services.
We use this Personal Data:
- to respond to any queries you submit to us;
- where you have consented to the sharing of your information with third parties, we will do so in accordance with Section 5 below;
- to seek your feedback on our site and our services; and
- to send you marketing emails or other forms of communication that you register for.
Cookies and Beacons
We will not sell your information. We will not share your information with any third party except as stated in this Privacy Notice or as required to operate the Site, provide our services to you and administer your account or otherwise as required or permitted by law.
KidsKnowBest use third party processors to collect, export, process and store Personal Data on our behalf. The processors we use currently are the following:
- Google Drive
- Google Analytics
- We maintain technical and physical safeguards that are designed to protect the security and integrity of your Personal Data, and to guard it against accidental or unauthorised access, use, alteration or disclosure to unauthorised third parties. These measures include device encryption, firewalls and virus checking procedures.
- Where we keep Personal Data files on local devices these devices are protected and accessible only to authorised to KidsKnowBest employees.
- We regularly review our security systems to ensure that your Personal Data remains safe and secure.
Duration of Storage
- We will maintain records of your Personal Data for as long as you remain:
- a registered subscriber to our mailing list;
- a registered user of our Site; or
- for as long as is necessary to provide our services to you.
If you have not opened any email communication from KidsKnowBest or interacted in any other way with our brands for four (4) years we will regard you as an inactive subscriber and delete your details from our records except where retention is necessary to enable us to enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees.
Your Rights in Relation to Personal Data
- You can update your subscription preferences or unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time by following the link in the footer of the last email you received from one of our brands (“Update your subscription preferences” or “Unsubscribe”) or by sending a request to KidsKnowBest with detailed instructions for our customer services team.
- You have the right to update and correct the personal information on your account. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You also have the right to object to our continued processing of your Personal Data. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
Changes to our Privacy Notice
Kids Know Best Limited is the Data Controller in respect of any Personal Data that you submit to us or that we collect from or about you. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales (registered no. 10288812) with registered offices at 49 Greek Street, London, England, W1D 4EG.